Mazuri® Large Bird Maintenance Diet is a complete bird food for large psittacines. This nutritionally complete parrot food, formulated in multi-sized particles, can be used as the primary diet for nonbreeding birds.
- Specially formulated with balanced nutrition - Use as the primary diet for non-breeding birds.
- Nutritionally Complete - Requires no mixing or supplementation.
- Multi-sized extruded form - Varying particles provide enrichment. Extruded form prevents sorting of ingredients and helps reduce the risk of nutrient deficiencies.
- Better than pellets - Less fines and increased digestibility.
- Better than seeds - Less waste (20-50% of seed weight is hulls).
- Reduced diet preparation - Less time chopping fruit and veggies.
- Formulation allows for supplementation with species appropriate food items - Can include up to 20% (by weight) of diet as produce, seeds, etc. to encourage natural feeding behaviors and for training and enrichment.
- No artificial colors or flavors
- Natural sources of pigments, and antioxidants
Product Form: Extruded feed: 3 particle sizes
Crude protein not less than 15.0%
Crude fat not less than 5.0%
Crude fiber not more than 5.0%
Moisture not more than 12.0%
Ash not more than 7.0%
Ground corn, wheat middlings, dehulled soybean meal, corn gluten meal, soybean oil, dicalcium phosphate, flaxseed, calcium carbonate, wheat germ, brewers dried yeast, calcium propionate (a preservative), l-lysine, salt, dl-methionine, copper sulfate, manganous oxide, pyridoxine hydrochloride, zinc sulfate, zinc oxide, Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product dehydrated, l-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (stabilized vitamin C), Lactobacillus casei fermentation product dehydrated, choline chloride, Bifidobacterium thermophilum fermentation product dehydrated, biotin, Enterococcus faecium fermentation product dehydrated, beta carotene, dl-alpha tocopheryl acetate, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of vitamin K), cholecalciferol (vitamin D3), preserved with mixed tocopherols (form of vitamin E), calcium pantothenate, rosemary extract, folic acid, vitamin A acetate, citric acid, canthaxanthin (color), riboflavin, tagetes (Aztec marigold) extract (color), calcium iodate, thiamine mononitrate, vitamin B12 supplement, nicotinic acid, cobalt carbonate, sodium selenite.
- This diet should be fed to non-breeding birds. Feed this diet to young birds after they have their first molt and until they reach breeding age. This diet should also be fed to birds which are not kept for breeding purposes. Any time a bird is not breeding or raising young for periods of over one month, they should be fed Mazuri® Parrot Maintenance Diet.
- To switch birds from seeds (or any diet they are currently being fed) to Mazuri® Parrot Maintenance Diet, do a gradual changeover, starting with 90% seed (of current diet) and 10% Mazuri® Parrot Maintenance Diet. On each succeeding day, reduce the amount of seeds by 10% while increasing the amount of Mazuri Parrot Maintenance Diet by 10%. On the 10th day, the diet should consist only of Mazuri® Parrot Maintenance Diet.
- Monitor the bird’s weight and behavior carefully during the conversion period. Be specially attentive during the 10th to 12th day. If the bird is losing weight, or if the bird is not consuming the product, offer the bird a mix of 50% seed and 50% Mazuri® Parrot Maintenance Diet and restart the conversion process from this point. If the bird is not eating, the excreta color will become dark green and the volume will decrease. If the bird is consuming the Mazuri® Parrot Maintenance Diet, the excreta will be a brownish-green color.
For best results, ensure polybag seal is fully closed during storage, or store contents of open paper sack in container with sealing lid. Polybag diets are packaged in sealed containers under nitrogen to ensure optimal freshness. Store in a cool (75°F or colder), dry (approximately 50% RH) location. Freezing with not harm the diet and may extend freshness. Adhere to the "Best if used by" date.
Made in USA